Is your furniture in need of a “face lift”? Compared to most new furniture, older furniture was often constructed using superior hardwoods and joinery. Reupholstering or slip covering your existing furniture can provide many more years of use and enjoyment out of your quality furnishings, plus it’s a great way to recycle!
Acanthus provides complete custom upholstery and sewing services, using green materials and practices. We offer the following services:
- upholstery (all eras of residential and commercial furniture)
- pillows and cushions
From the fabric, to the frame, we are committed to using socially and environmentally responsible materials in our workroom. In addition to our collection of eco-friendly upholstery fabrics, we use the following materials:
- natural latex cushion cores
- kapok, wool, organic cotton, and feather/down pillow forms
- organic cotton and wool batting
- organic cotton cushion casings
- recycled steel springs
Every project is unique; please contact us to discuss your upholstery project!